Liste der Städte, in denen derzeit alle oder einige der öffentlichen Verkehrsmittel kostenlos zur Verfügung stehen.
Many cities provide transportation for “free” with a lot trade-offs:
– “In order to ride for free a small fee has to be paid for a bus card. It is necessary to prove Kiruna citizenship when acquiring the card.” (https://freepublictransport.info/city/kiruna/)
– “Senior Citizens, age 65 and older, with a valid ID, ride FREE at all times on all Transit Routes…” (https://freepublictransport.info/city/philadelphia/)
– “For foreign residents who have lived there for at least 10 years, transportation is also free.” (https://freepublictransport.info/city/toulouse/)
– “Residents need to produce certificate of Empadronamiento (Padron) and either passport or Resident’s Card/Certification. (…) With the new smart card system, (…) resident’s need to pay for the smart card.” (https://freepublictransport.info/city/torrevieja/)
But on the other hand, some also seem to be completely trade-free:
– “The town of Hallstahammar has 15.000 inhabitants and three bus lines which are all free of charge.” (https://freepublictransport.info/city/hallstahammar/)
– “Since 1 January 2007, buses within Torshavn have been completely free of charge to the public.” (https://freepublictransport.info/city/torshavn/)
– “All buses are free for everyone on the Danish island Ærø.” (https://freepublictransport.info/city/aero/)
The website also uses google maps which will probably collect data about the users. So based on that I was struggling with giving them either 1 or 2 blocks.